Published on 17 Feb 2020
We regularly provide our customers with updates on the industry-wide asset data cleansing exercise known as ‘Retrospective Data Updates’.
Focussing on Meter Asset data, the exercise sees us piloting a Proof of Concept (PoC) to help us work with customers to understand the level of discrepancies that exist and help us target our services and solutions to support Customers in improving data quality.
What’s happened recently?
- As previously mentioned, we have received a significant volume of data, amounting to nearly 10 million meter points and approx. 100 million data points
- High focus has been on placed on supporting successful triage and correction of datasets that have been fed into the PoC
- Engagement levels have been excellent – most recently progress calls have taken place with all Shipper volunteers in the PoC
- We have now completed the data comparison as part of the Step 1 ‘Compare and Contrast’ analysis activities
Whats happening next?
- Step 1 ‘Compare and Contrast’ findings being prepared and will be shared with Shipper volunteers in the coming days – on or around 18th February
- Equivalent Market Level findings are planned to be shared with ChMC, DSG and Performance Assurance Committee
- All data will then enter a secondary (Step 2) ‘Deep Dive’ analysis phase
The ‘Deep Dive’ analysis phase will aim to provide more context and meaning behind data anomalies