Request XP1 tokens and learn about Starburst, Nebula and Star contingencies.
The XP1 contingency service should only be used when IX is not available. Its use is subject to the following limits:
- XP1 will be available on a ‘best endeavours’ basis at all times, other than during planned maintenance
- If you access Gemini through XP1 due to a perceived failure of your main IX system, you must inform the Transporters of the failure
- Transporters shall have no liabilities or obligations in respect of XP1 and its use by any UK Link User other than those which are set out in Appendix 3 of the UK Link Manual.
Energy Balancing processes will not be affected if XP1 is used.
Access to Gemini through XP1 requires ActiveX control. Each web browser has a different process to install ActiveX control, which should be easy to find.
You may need to contact your IT Administrator for assistance or authorisation during installation.
Access with XP1 continues on a secure network, which works using a two-step login process for security purposes.
Access to XP1 is through a:
- Unique login name
- Unique security token provided by us (Authentication 1)
- PIN code (Authentication 2)
Requesting XP1 tokens
You can request an XP1 token by completing a Specific Service Request Form and submitting to this to Customer Life Cycle Team. This form needs to be submitted by the Contract Manager for your organisation. If you are unsure of who the Contact Manager is please contact Customer Life Cycle Team.
Charging for XP1 tokens
The first XP1 token is provided free of charge. There is a cost for any tokens after this. The charges are listed under Appendix B of the Annual Charging Statement.
Gemini Contingency Exercise (Starburst)
Exercise Starburst is to improve awareness and application of the Gemini Code Contingency Guidelines.
On Thursday 7th June 2018, we coordinated a communications ‘Test Programme’. The test scenario assumed that Gemini was unavailable for a portion of the Gas Day, with National Grid collating information so that capacity and balancing positions could be updated once the system was restored.
If you have any questions, the contact details for the teams can be found on each proforma.
Future reviews will be conducted annually. The next nominated date is Thursday 1st August 2019.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Thank you for your feedback