What are you looking for?
Getting the Best from Gemini
Gemini is a system of online applications managed by us and used by Great Britain's gas industry to control the flow of gas through the network. The system is used for processes including:
The Gemini suite uses two different applications to operate, Gemini and Gemini Exit:
- Gemini is used to put gas into the network
- Gemini Exit is used to take gas out of the network
So that our customers can get the best from both Gemini and Gemini Exit, we provide learning materials, training opportunities and online guidance.
Training with Gemini
We provide a comprehensive range of training materials for Gemini:
- Gemini User Interface Familiarisation Training (Presentation download)
- Gemini Invoicing Documents (Relevant documents in our secure area)
- Nomination Lock Guide – Shipper view
- EU Nomination Guide – Shipper View
- Gemini Exit (NTS External) User Guidelines - All Chapters
- This guide is also available in individual chapters from the Resource Library
Gemini e-Training is a web-based training package. It is provided free of charge to all new Users.
The package is available in the secure SharePoint. If you do not have access, please submit a Secure Site Access Form to get your login.
The training is split into modules, including a module providing a background to the gas market and the Gemini system. You can choose to complete the training however is best for you – in one session or in multiple sessions.
There are five individual modules:
- Module Orientation
- Overview to the UK Gas Business and Gemini
- Overview to Gemini Entry Capacity
- Overview to Gemini Energy Balancing
- Overview to Gemini Exit Capacity
Gemini Application Programming Interface (API)
The Gemini API uses a secure offline mirror image environment that allows true-to-life trialling.
To check whether the Gemini test environment is available to use for testing of the Gemini API please ask your Local Security Officer (LSO) to contact Service Desk on 0845 600 0506.
The Service Desk will request the following information:
- Shipper organisation name & short code
- Start date and end date when access is required
- Whether access is required to test APIs, online screens or both
- Details of live Gemini User IDs for online screens and API access to replicate in the testing environment.
- Separate IDs are required for Gemini online screens and API interfaces
- For API testing User Role IGMS100 or EXIT100 is required
- For API testing please provide details of which APIs or API Controllers will be tested
- For accessing and testing of screens confirmation of:
- Which screens will be accessed
- Whether data will be entered together with which fields will be used
- Details of the test cases to be executed
If you are already registered to test, you can view the Gemini API documents in the Resource Library.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your feedback