Consequential Change Market Trials will constitute of 2 elements:
- Consequential change: testing any new or changed file formats, created due to CSS (but not with direct interaction with), ensuring that they operate, and new logic also operates as expected
- Regression testing: testing of agreed critical functionality to ensure that changes made due to CSS have not impacted current functionality. It should be noted that this will be limited to the functionality which is considered to have been indirectly impacted and does not include an extensive testing of UK Link
The objectives of CC Market Trials are:
- To fully prepare external parties and Xoserve for the introduction of the new and updated files aligned to the Consequential changes due to the CSS programme; ensuring that new logic is applied within UK Link and associated systems, verifying that Xoserve and industry systems work as intended.
- To provide an opportunity for all participants to prove the systems and processes work by verification of their test scenarios through the execution of test cases.
- The ultimate objective is to provide evidence that the system and supporting business processes function as expected and, where appropriate, support the E2E process developed through the CSS programme.
- To provide the opportunity for Stakeholders and Xoserve to identify, address and resolve any issues prior to implementation to ensure the system is ready for Go Live.
- To ensure the appropriate levels of testing to minimise risk to the CSS programme whilst ensuring that existing functionality has been protected.
- To provide the outcome of Consequential Change testing to inform the overall CSS Go Live decision.
- To provide all participating Stakeholders with the opportunity for familiarisation of new interfaces and, where relevant, all connectivity options in a production like environment testing functional data
- To validate all record content in new and revised files recognising any revised logic being applied. It will be expected that all appropriate validation rules will apply.
Working Group - Agendas and Minutes
Consequential Change Market Trials Working Group Agenda 26th June 2020Last updated on 30 Jun 2020
Market Trials Working Group Agenda 29th May 2020Last updated on 25 Jun 2020
Industry Interaction Schedule
Defect Management Plan Consequential Change Market TrialsLast updated on 15 Jul 2020
Market Trials Working Group Industry Interaction ActivitiesLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Documents for Review
Documents for Industry ReviewLast updated on 15 Jul 2020
Review of Partnering ArrangementsLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Test Schedule PrinciplesLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Consequential Change Market Trials Release Management Strategy PlanLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Industry Rap SheetLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Market Trials ApproachLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Market Trials Processes DraftLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Consequential Change File format
UKLink File Format Change Summary 27th August 2019Last updated on 30 Jun 2020
Gemini Market ScenariosLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Switching TimelinesLast updated on 30 Jun 2020
Thank you for your feedback