2402 - RJ - PO - UK Link Disaster Recovery - 16th to 18th August
Last updated on 09 Aug 2019
Published on 09 Aug 2019
As part of our annual programme of disaster recovery and resilience testing, the UK Link Disaster Recovery (DR) test for 2019 will be carried out over the weekend of Friday 16th to Sunday 18th August. This is a test to prove the DR capabilities and procedures of UK Link and will be managed end-to-end by Xoserve.
There will be a service outage between the following times:
- UK Link Portal and Contact Management Service (CMS)
- Friday 16th August, 11pm to Saturday 17th August, 10am (Failover to DR site) - the UK Link system will operate normally from the DR site in the period between Failover and Failback.
- UK Link Portal
- Saturday 17th August, 11pm to Sunday 18th August, 8am (Failback to primary site) - contingency dates for the test are Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th August with the same timings as above.
Please note the following system impacts:
Shippers can continue to send files to Xoserve via the IX network. These files will be held and processed once the system is available. Please note that files may be delayed until processing has been completed.
Contact Management Service (CMS)
There will be an extended outage to the CMS from Friday 16th August, 11pm to Saturday 17th August, 10am. Files sent to or from the CMS system will be held for the duration of the outage, and will be released and processed once the system is available.
Data Enquiry Service (DES)
The DES dataset will be at Day-2 when the system is released at 10am on Saturday 17th August, and 7am on Sunday 18th August. The system will return to Day-1, once catch-up activities have been completed.
Data Discovery Platform (DDP)
Please note that the Shipper Management Information (MI) and Winter Annual Ratio (WAR) Band Dashboards will be unavailable via the DDP between Friday 16th August, 6pm and Monday 19th August 8am, to support the UK Link DR test. Data will be updated to reflect the latest position, 17th August, once platform availability has been restored.
Application Programme Interface (API) Services
All data provisioned via the API services will be an additional day out of date, Day-2 instead of Day-1 from 7pm on Saturday 17th August to 7pm on Sunday 18th August.
The following Non-Daily Metered (NDM) Gas Nominations (Demand Publication) will be impacted. During this period Gemini will utilise the previous weather values as of 4pm:
- Gas Flow Days 16th August and 17th August published at midnight on Saturday 17th August, will contain the same values as 4pm on 16th August
- Gas Flow Day 17th August published at 10am on Saturday 17th August, may contain the same values as 4pm on 16th August (depending on when catch-up activities are completed)
- Gas Flow Days 17th August and 18th August published at midnight on Sunday 18th August, will contain the same values as 4pm on 17th
Market Information Provision Initiative (MIPI)
- No new forecast weather in MIPI at 11pm on Friday 16th August for Gas Flow Days 16th August and 17th August
- No new forecast weather in MIPI at 8am on Saturday 17th August for Gas Flow Days 17th August and 18th August
- No new forecast weather in MIPI at 11am on Saturday 17th August for Gas Flow Days 17th August and 18th August
There will be a delay in the publication of actual weather data for Gas Day Friday 16th August in MIPI, this data will be published late morning on Saturday 17th August.
If a delay to the DR Failback occurs, there will be a delay in the publication of actual weather data for gas day Friday 16th August in MIPI, this data will be published late morning on the 17th August.
Where can I found about more?
Updates during the DR exercise will be available on the alerts and notifications page on our website. Alternatively, please contact the Xoserve Service Desk on 0845 600 0506, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further information or have any questions between now and the DR exercise, please email email@example.com.
Paul Orsler – Customer Change Lifecycle Manager