As organisations across the world move to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak, we remain committed to ensuring our ongoing ability to support customers over the coming weeks.
Our Business Continuity Process
Xoserve operates a robust, regularly tested Business Continuity Process. This process makes a specific provision for a Pandemic Type event.
Whilst the predefined policy serves as a framework for our approach, Xoserve has taken a number of additional steps to cater for the severity and fast moving nature of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Since January our Incident Management Team (IMT) has been meeting frequently to ensure appropriate steps are being taken to both protect our employees and to ensure the preservation of our Operating capability. Specifically, the following steps have been taken:
- Advice on the prevention of COVID-19 transmission has been provided to all employees, in line with the advice issued by Public Health England and the World Health Organisation.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation measures have been implemented at Xoserve’s office premises.
- All national and international travel, has been suspended until further notice.
- All customer meetings and training courses will be undertaken through remote means of communication until further notice.
- All non-essential visitor access to our offices has been suspended.
- All vendors have been contacted to ensure appropriate continuity steps are being taken.
- An updated assessment and impact analysis of business processes has been undertaken, with consideration of our ability to maintain these processes in the event of a long term (assumed to be several weeks) restriction to the mobility of our workforce, as well as a significant reduction to the availability of our workforce through ill-health (assumed to be 20%).
- Effective Wednesday 18th March, and in line with the advice provided by the UK Government, our workforce will be instructed to work from home wherever possible.
- In addition to the above, employees who’re considered to be particularly vulnerable have already been instructed to work from home until further notice.
- We remain confident in our ability to maintain operations even in the event of a prolonged period of workforce disruption.
- Whilst no material risks have been identified in relation to our core operating capability, it’s worth noting that in extreme scenarios we are committed to prioritising the operation of core industry support processes and the ongoing availability of UK Link and Gemini.
- Our IMT is meeting on a daily basis to ensure close and ongoing monitoring of the situation. Customer updates will be provided on a weekly basis at a minimum, as the situation continues to evolve.
Latest Customer Updates
We remain committed to providing regular updates over the coming weeks, which will highlight the actions we’re taking to ensure our ongoing ability to support our customers.
For any queries directly relating to our continuity planning in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak please email covid19Enquiries@xoserve.com.
Standard operational queries
All standard operational queries should continue to follow normal practice.
Thank you for your feedback