Further information can be found under our Cookie section below.
What Are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are sent to and stored on your computer, smart phone or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. More information about cookies can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use or may use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, such as on our Careers Page or on our Data Enquiry Service.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, see how visitors move around our website when they are using it and estimate and report our total audience size and traffic. This help would help us to improve the way our website works by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. All information about how you used our website is collected anonymously. The service we use is Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. For more details please visit the Google Privacy Centre. You can also watch a video about Google Analytics Cookies.
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website, when completing online forms and logging in to the site. This would enable us to personalise our content for you and remember your search preferences.
- Session Cookie: These are used where you log in to an application and it remembers that you are logged in as you navigate the website, e.g. where you apply online for jobs with Xoserve. When you close the browser the cookie is deleted, as a result when visiting the website again you would need to log in again.
- Persistent Cookie: These are used if you were prompted to take part in a website survey and you completed the survey. A persistent cookie would be stored on your computer to record that you have completed that survey. This would prevent you being prompted with the survey each time you visited the website.
When we include links to other websites, please bear in mind they will have their own privacy and cookie policies that will govern the use of any information you submit. We recommend you read their policies as Xoserve is not responsible or liable for their privacy practices.
By continuing to use our site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience will be as fulfilling as it would otherwise be.
How to Manage Your Cookies
The browsers of most computers, smart phones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences and block cookies for this website or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this.
However, please remember that if you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our website works. For example, if you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Xoserve services that require you to ‘log in’ and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. For more information about how to disable cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.