Learn about this suite of online applications which are used for managing the transport of gas through the transmission network.
What is the Gemini System?
The Gemini System is a suite of online applications for managing the transportation of gas through the National Transmission System (NTS) in Great Britain.
These online applications are used for:
- Capacity Management (Entry and Exit Capacity)
- Capacity Trading
- Commercial Balancing
- Invoicing (Capacity and Energy Balancing)
The Gemini System is made up of Gemini Entry and Gemini Exit.
Gemini Entry is used for:
- all Entry Capacity related activities to ensure you have booked the right amount of space to bring gas onto the NTS
- all Energy Balancing activities which is the amount of gas you intend to flow in and out of the NTS
Gemini Exit is used for:
- all Exit Capacity related activities to ensure you have the right amount of space booked to bring gas off the NTS through one of the exit locations including the Distribution Network (DN) offtakes
The Gemini System is owned by National Grid and Xoserve are responsible for managing and operating the System on their behalf.
Depending on your role in the industry, you can use Gemini Entry/Gemini Exit to:
|Purchase||Gas Capacity (Entry/Exit)|
|Check||your organisation's Gas Capacity entitlement|
|Trade||Gas Capacity with other organisations|
|Validate||your Capacity Invoices|
|Sell||Capacity back to National Grid|
|Register||a Gas Nomination or Renomination at a location (Entry/Exit/interconnectors)|
|View||measurements/allocations to see the quantity of gas deemed to have flowed through a location|
For more detailed information on what you can do with the Gemini System, please download our Gemini User Role Descriptions.
Gemini works on a role-based system, with each User ID given roles relevant to the duties they need to perform on the system.
You’ll need to determine your User role by reading the Gemini User Role Descriptions.
You’ll then need to contact your Local Security Officer (LSO) and ask them to return a Security Access Request Form.
Your LSO will need to request the:
- creation of your User IDs
- required roles for your ID
Your LSO is responsible for all account administration including:
- creations and deletions
- permissions and roles
- password resets
If you’re unsure who your LSO is, please raise a support request.
The Gemini System application is only supported by Internet Explorer 11 (IE11).
The Gemini System requires the installation of:
- Citrix Receiver software – please also read the Citrix User Guide for Customising Gemini Access
- Information Exchange (IX)
As the Gemini System uses the Citrix application to run, two User IDs are needed:
- one ID is used to log in to Citrix
- one ID is configured and used for Gemini
Gemini maintenance windows:
Monday to Friday 3:15am - 4:15am
Sunday 3:00am - 5:00am
System outages are updated on our notifications webpage.
Thank you for your feedback