29 October 2020
XP1 tokens are used as an alternative means of logging in to the Gemini system in the event that the primary access route is unavailable.
As part of CP4869 DC Exit Programme, the XP1 capability is being re hosted. As a consequence, and so that XP1 tokens can still be used to access Gemini, there will be a requirement to download the appropriate software. Downloading the software will also provide additional system security for XP1 users.
What will happen:
• The required XP1 software, both PulseSecure.x64.msi and PulseSecureAppLauncher.msi is available via the Xoserve website at
https://www.xoserve.com/systems/gemini/ and https://www.xoserve.com/systems/gemini/gemini-contingencies/
• All Gemini System Users who use XP1 tokens to access Gemini, will be required to download and install this software
• Until 31st December 2020, both old and new software will allow access via an XP1 token
• From 1st January 2021, the new software referenced above will be required to access Gemini using an XP1 token. If the software is not downloaded, the XP1 token will not work from this date
• The XP1 user guide has been updated and is available on the Xoserve website
This software upgrade is associated to an important security update and it is therefore prudent to complete this activity as soon as possible to minimise risk to system security.
Share this news article