Funding, governance and ownership
Find out about how we are funded, governed and owned. Learn about our Board, which comprises industry-nominated directors and an independent Chairman.
We invoice and collect funds from Data Services Contract (DSC) and UK Link User Agreement (UUA) customers.
The rules for how we do this are set out in the:
- CDSP budget
- Charging Methodology
- CDSP Credit Policy
Our Central Data Service Provider (CDSP) service charges reflect the budget approved by our Board each January.
How we're funded
Watch this video which explains how we’re funded, and how our business plan determines our investment activities and the services we deliver.
Accountability and consultation
We are accountable to and consult with all DSC and UUA signatories. We also consult all our customers when we’re developing our annual Business Plan and budget.
Once we’ve completed this consultation, we make recommendations to our Board for approval.
Governance matters at Xoserve are steered by our Board and the committees of the DSC.
The Xoserve Board is chaired by Clare Spottiswoode.
Membership of the Board comprises:
- two members nominated by the Gas Distribution Networks
- one member nominated from National Gas Transmission
- one member from the Independent Gas Transporters (IGTs)
- four members nominated by the Gas Shippers
Our Board members are:
- Sarah Carroll – Network Director
- David Handley– Network Director
- Chris Logue – Transmission Director
- Neil Shaw – Independent Gas Transporter Director
- Chris Jones – Shipper Director
- Mike Hogg – Shipper Director
- Yehuda Cohen – Shipper Director
- Steve Brittan – Shipper Director
Role of DSC committees in decision-making
All signatories to the DSC share the decision-making for services provided under it. Decisions are made by three committees:
- Contract Management Committee
- Change Management Committee
- Credit Management Committee
Committee meetings are chaired, organised and administered by the Joint Office of Gas Transporters. The Joint Office oversees the process for the appointment of voting representatives.
DSC and Central Data Service Provider (CDSP) documents
The Joint Office of Gas Transporters’ website includes all the key DSC and CDSP service documents.
Xoserve is jointly owned by National Gas Transmission and Britain’s four major gas distribution network companies: