Releasing of unused capacity under a specific set of circumstances (Modification 0818)
|13 Mar 2023||
|Proposer||Xoserve||Impacted DSC service area||
Service Area 3 (Current Apr 21)
Manage updates to customer portfolio
|Customer Change Team Leaderemail@example.com|
This change has been raised to deliver the requirements set out under UNC Modification 0818 - Releasing of unused capacity under a specific set of circumstances. This Modification has been raised to release unused capacity (only where an SMP meets a specific criteria).
The Change Proposal will implement a process to deliver the Modification 0818 requirements which involves the following:
- A DNO can request that a Shipper reduces a SMPs capacity if the SMP meets a strict criteria and is on an area of the network with restricted capacity available to other Registered Users / end consumers. Please note, the criteria which the SMP would be required to meet is outlined in the Solution section of Modification 0818.
- The relevant Shipper of the SMP will have the opportunity to appeal the reduction in capacity.
- If following the appeal process, a capacity reduction is still required, the Shipper should submit a Supply Point Amendment to reduce the capacity from 01 October in the relevant year.
- If the relevant Shipper does not submit a successful Supply Point Amendment to reduce the capacity to the DNO agreed values by 31 October, the CDSP will reduce the capacity on their behalf.
- MOD 818 is a material change and is subject to Ofgem approval.
For further details on the criteria for a site to meet the 0818 process and the appeal process / timelines, please see the Modification which can be found here: https://www.gasgovernance.co.uk/0818
Impacted Customer Types
|Document title||Comment||Last updated||CHMC outcome|
|Change Proposal||CP raised||13/01/2023||Approved at ChMC 11th January 2023|
|Initial Review||Stage not required|
|High Level Solution Options||Stage not required|
|Solution Review||Stage not required|
|Detailed Design||3148.2 VO - PO||13/03/2023||Consultation closes out 27/03/2023|
|Evaluation Quotation Reports (EQR)||Stage not yet reached||15/01/2019||N/A|
|Business Evaluation Reports (BER)||Stage not yet reached||15/01/2019||N/A|
|Change Completion Reports (CCR)||Stage not yet reached||15/01/2019||N/A|
Contact the Change Team
Need to get in touch with a member of the Change Team?
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back on the same day between the hours of 9:00am to 4:30pm.