Data Enquiry Service (DES)
Used to view and query Supply Meter Point data within your portfolio.
The DES is used to examine a range of data relating to Supply Meter Points. It allows Authorised Users to:
- access details about Supply Meter Points within their portfolio
- view details of particular Supply Meter Points associated with their properties
The DES is a general service available to:
- Network Operators
- Meter Asset Managers (MAMs)
Data held within the DES is updated every day. The target for data from UK Link is that it is no older than 24 hours. If the data refresh has been delayed, a message will be visible upon logging into the service.
Charging for the DES
The DES is a chargeable service.
You can view a full list of services provided by us under the Data Services Contract (DSC), and itemised details of our charges for other services, in the Annual Charging Statement. Details of the charges for DES are provided in Appendix B.
Charging for the service is completed on an annual basis.
Logging into the DES
The DES is available through the Xoserve Services Portal.
Only Authorised Users can use the DES, with access managed by your Local Security Officer (LSO).
Your LSO is responsible for:
- all account creations and deletions
- changing account permissions
- password resets where a user is unable to reset their own password
If you are unsure who your LSO is, please contact us via Help and support
DES from your LSO
Your LSO should also be able to help you with training on the DES and raising enquiries.
If your LSO is unable to train you, please contact your Customer Advocate who will be able to help.
DES Training and Understanding
We have also created:
Access Control is a self-service application. It allows Users and LSOs to manage access to DES and all of our online services:
- If you are an LSO, you can control the activation and termination of access rights
- Download the Access Control User Guide for LSOs
- If you are a User, you can modify your password and some profile details
- Download the Access Control User Guide for Users
All new Users will have Access Control as part of the account set-up process provided by User Administration Services. The options available will be dependent on your need and will be managed by the LSO of your organisation.
A maintenance window exists between 5:00am-7:00am hours every day. The service will be unavailable during these hours.
Please visit our System Outage page for more information on our maintenance windows.
Thank you for your feedback