The improvements we’re making to our Gemini System to facilitate the industry’s evolving capacity and balancing regimes.
The Gemini Roadmap will sustain and modernise the system’s core components
The Gemini System is a suite of online applications for managing the transportation of gas through the National Transmission System (NTS) in Great Britain.
Through the roadmap, we’re ensuring the system remains fit for purpose as we move to a ‘microservice’ solution and fully agile development.
What this involves
As part of this roadmap, we are:
- reducing storage needs
- automating code deployment, testing and processes
- enhancing reporting and user experience
- £4m Service and Operate cost reduction.
- £1.58m reduction in the required Regulatory Change budget for Gemini across the period.
- Increased system availability from 99% to 99.9%.
- Improved user experience driven by intuitive navigation, faster platform access and data flexibility via enhanced APIs.
Read our 2023 Business Plan for full business case details
We’ll share quarterly updates on our progress from the end of Q1 for BP23.
Read our 2023 Business Plan to find more information on this business case.
2023 Business Plan - Final Version
The final version of our BP 2023/24 document which sets out our strategic priorities and budget for the next financial year (April 2023 to March 2024) and provides forecasts for the following two financial years (April 2024 to March 2026).
PDF, Last Updated 31/01/2023, 8.2 MB
Log in to Gemini
Access the Gemini System through Citrix.